Have you ever seen cows run and jump for joy or roll around in the grass like it was the first time they ever saw it? Well, I haven’t and this video demonstrates their zest for life.
Below are 5 interesting insights about cows you probably don’t know:
- Like humans, cows (cattle) form close friendships and choose to spend much of their time with 2-4 preferred individuals. They also hold grudges for years and may dislike particular individuals.
- Cows display emotions and have been shown to produce more milk when they are treated better and as individuals.
- Cattle get excited when they solve problems. When faced with a challenge of finding out how to open a door to reach food, their heartbeat went up, their brainwaves showed excitement, and some even jumped into the air.
- Cattle like to sleep close to their families, and sleeping arrangements are determined by individuals’ rank in the social hierarchy.
- Cows show their excitement when let out into a field after long periods confined indoors. (See below video)
check out this quick clip and I’m sure you’ll smile at least a little bit. You can find more videos and info here.